To ride out the current difficult times with grassroots community, Fu Tak Iam Foundation will donate HKD3 million to the Hong Kong Council of Social Service (HKCSS) to launch Support Scheme for Self-Employed Youths to support self-employed youth and young freelancers in Hong Kong who have recently become unemployed or underemployed as a direct result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Each eligible individual will receive a one-off subsidy HKD 8,000. The subsidy payment will be made in about 3 days after the application approved via electronic transfer system to ensure that households can receive funds to address their pressing needs.
Self-employed youths or freelancers aged 35 or below (preference will be given to those who are 18-35), and mainly for applicants living in Tsuen Wan, Kwai Chung and Sham Shui Po Districts. Preference will be given to those who work in education, culture, arts, social service, art and music therapy, video production, information technology, design and sports sectors
HKD8,000 for each eligible applicant
Estimated number of beneficiaries:
375 people at most
Contribute at least 40 hours of volunteer services in NGOs within 3 to 9 months.
Applicants who meet the below criteria are eligible:
- Must be a Hong Kong permanent resident aged 35 or below
- Non-CSSA household recipient
- Monthly income (Dec 2019) before the epidemic was less than HKD 20,000
- Being unemployed or underemployed, and earning less than HKD 5,000 per month in March or April 2020
- Didn’t receive any financial assistance from other funding schemes in the past three months
- Telephone appointment will only be accepted commencing 11:00a.m., 11 May 2020 (Monday). First-come-first-served until the quota is FULL.
- Interested parties should make appointment bookings in advance by phone with a supporting organisation nearby.
- Supporting organisations will make reservation with eligible applicants by telephone appointment only. To reduce the risk of the spread of the novel coronavirus in the community, queuing at the supporting organization for application forms is NOT recommended.
Once the appointment booking is confirmed, you need to:
- Provide your identity document, and
- Proof of address issued within the last 3 months (Bill such as electricity bill, water bill, tax payment, or document issued by the Hong Kong government, public organisations, telecommunications suppliers or Hong Kong banks) , and
- Provide your income proof (Income proof for December 2019, and March or April 2020), and
- Show your passbook or bank statement
Means of Contact of Supporting Organisations:
Sham Shui Po
St. James’ Settlement – St. James’ Settlement Kowloon Kindness Centre
Mon – Fri: 9:00a.m. – 1:00p.m.
& 2:00p.m. – 6:00p.m.
Kwai Tsing and Tsuen Wan
Caritas Hong Kong – Caritas Community Centre – Tsuen Wan
Mon – Sat: 10:00a.m. – 10:00p.m.
Sun: 9:00a.m. – 1:00p.m.
Enquiry hotline: 2864 2945
Last update: 20/5/2020