To ride out the current difficult times with grassroots community, Baring Private Equity Asia (BPEA) will donate HKD10 million to the Hong Kong Council of Social Service (HKCSS) to support families in Hong Kong who have recently become unemployed or underemployed as a direct result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
A total of 1,250 households will each receive a one-off subsidy of HKD8,000. The subsidy payment will be made in about a week after the application approved via Faster Payment System to ensure that households can receive funds in an easy and timely manner to address their pressing needs.
Applicants who meet the below criteria are eligible: (All regions are full)
- Hong Kong residents; and
- Part of a household who has (i) only one income-earning family member, and (ii) children aged 18 years or below, or a disabled family member of any age; and
- Currently unemployed or underemployed earning less than HKD3,000 in April 2020; and
- Monthly income before 1 January 2020 below 75% of the median household income; and
- Have not received any financial assistance in the past 3 months; and
- Non-CSSA household recipient.
Monthly household income limit before the epidemic – 75% of HK’s median monthly domestic household income
Monthly household income limit before the epidemic (HK$)
- Telephone appointment will only be accepted commencing 11:00a.m., 11 May 2020 (Monday). First-come-first-served until the quota is FULL.
- Interested parties should make appointment bookings in advance by phone with a supporting organisation nearby.
- Supporting organisations will make reservation with eligible applicants by telephone appointment only. To reduce the risk of the spread of the novel coronavirus in the community, queuing at the supporting organization for application forms is NOT recommended.
- “Cross-district” applications will not be considered by the supporting organisation.
Once the appointment booking is confirmed, you need to:
- Provide identity documents of you and your household member(s). Applicantsaged under 11 must provide the proof of identity such as valid travel document / passport / recent school documents (e.g. student hand book or school record card) with a certified photograph, and
- Provide income proofs of you and your household member(s) (Income proof for December 2019 and April 2020), and
- Show your passbook or bank statement
Means of Contact of Supporting Organisations: (All regions are full)
Eastern, Wanchai, Central & Western and Islands (QUOTA FULL)
Hong Kong Family Welfare Society – Hong Kong Western Service Centre
(Please do not leave voice mail)
Mon – Fri: 9:00a.m – 1:00p.m.
& 2:00p.m. – 5:30p.m.
Southern District (QUOTA FULL)
Aberdeen Kai-fong Welfare Association Social Service – Aberdeen Kai-fong Welfare Association Social Service Community Centre
Mon – Sat: 9:00a.m – 1:00p.m.
& 2:00p.m. – 9:30p.m.
Kowloon City (QUOTA FULL)
Hong Kong Lutheran Social Service – Martha Boss Lutheran Community Centre
Mon – Sat: 9:00a.m – 6:00p.m.
Kwun Tong (QUOTA FULL)
Christian Family Service Centre – Locality Development Team
Mon – Fri: 9:30a.m – 5:30p.m.
Sham Shui Po (QUOTA FULL)
Hong Kong Christian Service – Shamshuipo Central Happy Teens Club
Mon – Sat: 10:00a.m – 1:00p.m.
& 2:00p.m. – 6:00p.m.
Wong Tai Sin (QUOTA FULL)
Hong Kong Sheng Kung Hui Welfare Council Limited – H.K.S.K.H. Wong Tai Sin District Elderly Community Centre
Mon – Fri: 9:00a.m – 6:00p.m.
Caritas Hong Kong – Caritas Jockey Club Integrated Service for Young People – Wong Tai Sin
Mon – Fri: 2:00p.m – 10:00p.m.
Sat: 10:00a.m – 6:00p.m.
Sun: 10:00a.m – 2:00p.m.
Yau Tsim Mong (QUOTA FULL)
Hong Kong Red Cross
11 May: 11:00a.m. – 10:00p.m.
Mon – Fri: 11:00a.m – 6:00p.m.
Sai Kung & Tseung Kwan O (QUOTA FULL)
The Hong Kong Federation of Youth Groups – Jockey Club Tseung Kwan O Youth S.P.O.T.
Mon: 11:00a.m – 6:00p.m.
Tue – Sat: 2:00p.m – 9:30p.m.
Sha Tin (QUOTA FULL)
Hong Kong Young Women’s Christian Association – Shatin Integrated Social service Centre
Mon – Fri: 10:00a.m – 6:00p.m.
Sat: 10:00a.m – 1:00p.m.
Tai Po & North District (QUOTA FULL)
The Boys’ and Girls’ Clubs Association of Hong Kong – Jockey Club Fanling Children and Youth Integrated Services Centre
11 May: 11:00a.m – 6:00p.m.
12-13 May: 9:30a.m – 5:30p.m.
14-16 May: 2:00p.m – 9:00p.m.
Tuen Mun (QUOTA FULL)
The Church of United Brethren in Christ, Hong Kong Limited – Social Service Division – Tuen Mun Integrated Children & Youth Service Centre
Mon – Fri: 10:15a.m – 12:45p.m.
& 2:15p.m – 5:45p.m.
Yuen Long (QUOTA FULL)
Evangelical Lutheran Church Social Service – Hong Kong – Tin Shui Wai Integrated Youth Service Centre
11 May: 11:00a.m – 5:00p.m.
12 May: 10:00a.m – 6:00p.m.
13 May: 10:00a.m – 6:00p.m.
*For applicants who live in Kwai Tsing or Tsuen Wan districts, please refer to the website of Anti-Pandemic Charity Fund for the Unemployed and Support Scheme for Self-Employed Youths
Link of Anti-Pandemic Charity Fund for the Unemployed https://qrgo.page.link/trcyS
Link of Support Scheme for Self-Employed Youths https://qrgo.page.link/BtDBm
Enquiry hotline: 2864 2971
Last update: 22/5/2020