To ride out the current difficult times with grassroots community, Kerry Group and Fu Tak Iam Foundation will donate HKD5 million and HKD3 million to the Hong Kong Council of Social Service (HKCSS) to launch Anti-Pandemic Charity Fund for the Unemployed to support families in Hong Kong who have recently become unemployed or underemployed as a direct result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Each eligible household will receive a one-off subsidy ranging from HKD 8,000 to HKD 12,000. The subsidy payment will be made in about 3 days after the application approved via electronic transfer system to ensure that households can receive funds to address their pressing needs.
Families who have become unemployed or seriously underemployed
HKD 8,000 for each eligible two-to-four-person household
HKD 12,000 for each five-person-or-more household
Estimated number of beneficiaries:
1,000 families (All regions are full)
Applicants who meet the below criteria are eligible:
- Hong Kong resident
- Non-CSSA household recipient
- The family have only one income earner
- Preference will be given to families who has dependent child(ren) aged 22 or below OR of any age if disabled
- Monthly household income before the epidemic (Dec of 2019) was lower than 75% of HK’s median monthly domestic household income
- Being unemployed or underemployed, some quota will be allocated to applicants whose household income was less than HKD 6,000 for each two-to-four-person household, or less than HKD 10,000 for each five-person-or-more household in March or April 2020; while the remaining quota will be given to applicants whose household income was lower than 50% of the monthly household income upper limits of Working Family Allowances (Full-rate)
- Didn’t receive any financial assistance from other funding schemes in the past three months
Monthly household income limit before the epidemic – 75% of HK’s median monthly domestic household income
Monthly household income limit before the epidemic (HK$)
- Telephone appointment will only be accepted commencing 11:00a.m., 11 May 2020 (Monday). First-come-first-served until the quota is FULL.
- Interested parties should make appointment bookings in advance by phone with a supporting organisation nearby.
- Supporting organisations will make reservation with eligible applicants by telephone appointment only. To reduce the risk of the spread of the novel coronavirus in the community, queuing at the supporting organization for application forms is NOT recommended.
- “Cross-district” applications will not be considered by the supporting organisation.
Once the appointment booking is confirmed, you need to:
- Provide identity documents of you, your household member(s) ,and your dependent child(ren) aged 22 or below. Applicants aged under 11 must provide the proof of identity such as valid travel document / passport / recent school documents (e.g. student hand book or school record card) with a certified photograph, and
- Proof of address issued within the last 3 months (Bill such as electricity bill, water bill, tax payment, or document issued by the Hong Kong government, public organisations, telecommunications suppliers or Hong Kong banks) , and
- Provide income proofs of you and your household member(s) (Income proof for December 2019, and March or April 2020), and
- Show your passbook or bank statement
Means of Contact of Supporting Organisations:
Eastern, Wanchai, Central & Western and Islands (QUOTA FULL)
Hong Kong Family Welfare Society – Hong Kong Western Service Centre
(Please do not leave voice mail)
Mon – Fri: 9:00a.m – 1:00p.m.
& 2:00p.m. – 5:30p.m.
Southern District (QUOTA FULL)
Aberdeen Kai-fong Welfare Association Social Service – Aberdeen Kai-fong Welfare Association Social Service Community Centre
Mon – Sat: 9:00a.m – 1:00p.m.
& 2:00p.m. – 9:30p.m.
Kowloon City (QUOTA FULL)
Hong Kong Lutheran Social Service – Martha Boss Lutheran Community Centre
Mon – Sat: 9:00a.m – 6:00p.m.
Kwun Tong (QUOTA FULL)
Christian Family Service Centre – Locality Development Team
Mon – Fri: 9:30a.m – 5:30p.m.
Sham Shui Po (QUOTA FULL)
St. James’ Settlement – St. James’ Settlement Kowloon Kindness Centre
Mon – Sat: 9:00a.m – 1:00p.m.
& 2:00p.m. – 6:00p.m.
Hong Kong Christian Service – Shamshuipo Central Happy Teens Club
Mon – Sat: 10:00a.m – 1:00p.m.
& 2:00p.m. – 6:00p.m.
Wong Tai Sin (QUOTA FULL)
Hong Kong Sheng Kung Hui Welfare Council Limited – H.K.S.K.H. Wong Tai Sin District Elderly Community Centre
Mon – Fri: 9:00a.m – 6:00p.m.
Yau Tsim Mong (QUOTA FULL)
Hong Kong Red Cross
11 May: 11:00a.m. – 10:00p.m.
Mon – Fri: 11:00a.m – 6:00p.m.
Kwai Tsing & Tsuen Wan (QUOTA FULL)
Caritas Hong Kong – Caritas Community Centre – Tsuen Wan
Mon – Sat: 10:00a.m – 6:00p.m.
Sun: 9:00a.m – 1:00p.m.
Sai Kung & Tseung Kwan O (QUOTA FULL)
The Hong Kong Federation of Youth Groups – Jockey Club Tseung Kwan O Youth S.P.O.T.
Mon: 11:00a.m – 6:00p.m.
Tue – Sat: 2:00p.m – 9:30p.m.
Sha Tin (QUOTA FULL)
Hong Kong Young Women’s Christian Association – Shatin Integrated Social service Centre
Mon – Fri: 10:00a.m – 6:00p.m.
Sat: 10:00a.m – 1:00p.m.
Tai Po & North District (QUOTA FULL)
The Boys’ and Girls’ Clubs Association of Hong Kong – Jockey Club Fanling Children and Youth Integrated Services Centre
11 May: 11:00a.m – 6:00p.m.
12-13 May: 9:30a.m – 5:30p.m.
14-16 May: 2:00p.m – 9:00p.m.
Tuen Mun (QUOTA FULL)
The Church of United Brethren in Christ, Hong Kong Limited – Social Service Division – Tuen Mun Integrated Children & Youth Service Centre
Mon – Fri: 10:15a.m – 12:45p.m.
& 2:15p.m – 5:45p.m.
Yuen Long (QUOTA FULL)
Evangelical Lutheran Church Social Service – Hong Kong – Tin Shui Wai Integrated Youth Service Centre
11 May: 11:00a.m – 5:00p.m.
12 May: 10:00a.m – 6:00p.m.
13 May: 10:00a.m – 6:00p.m.
Enquiry hotline: 2864 2945
Last update: 20/5/2020