Hong Kong Red Cross
Address：Hong Kong Red Cross Headquarters, 19 Hoi Ting Road, West Kowloon, Kowloon
E-mail : [email protected]
International & Relief Service Officer (Emergency Response & Preparedness Team)
The Hong Kong Red Cross’s International and Relief Service provides emergency disaster relief and rehabilitation assistance to people affected by natural and man-made disasters regardless of their nationality, race, religion, beliefs, or political opinion. Besides, we are constantly developing community resilience programs.
This position is responsible for managing and monitoring HKRC-funded international and China disaster management programs specifically in emergency response and preparedness.
- Plan, manage and monitor international and China disaster relief and institutional preparedness projects
- Be responsible for project level strategic planning, effective and timely implementation for desired outcome in close cooperation with overseas relevant stakeholders,
- Analyze project data and information and contribute to program and service improvement
- Identify and maintain impactful partnerships with funders, social service sector and Red Cross Movement partners
- Carry out on-site trainings or other capacity building activities in collaboration with partners
- Travel or short term deployment to overseas operation is required when necessary
- University Degree Holder in any discipline, preferably in social science, international relationship or disaster management
- Minimum of 3 years relevant work experience, preferably in humanitarian or social service sector
- Experience in working in humanitarian sectors overseas (mainland China & International) and /or International humanitarian organization based in Hong Kong is preferred
- Proven track record of success in planning and managing projects independently
- Good understanding on global and mainland China context, experience in institutional capacity building is a definite advantage
- Excellent in both written and spoken English and Chinese (including Putonghua)
- Self-motivated, strong sense of responsibility, independent, with high cultural sensitivity
- Able to work in a multi-disciplinary team and under pressure
- Self-supported in computing systems
Contract period: 1 year (Renewable)
Please send application together with full curriculum vitae and expected salary to the Head of Human Resources Development, Hong Kong Red Cross, 9/F Hong Kong Red Cross Headquarters, 19 Hoi Ting Road, West Kowloon, HK or email to [email protected] on or before 25 September 2022.
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with Agency’s data protection policy for recruitment purposes only. Applicants not contacted within 4 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful and all related information will be kept on our files up to a period of 6 months.
** Apart from the vacancy in the Hong Kong Council of Social Service, this Council will not be responsible for processing any of the above vacancies. If you are interested in applying for the above vacancies, please submit your application directly to the relevant authorities. Thanks for your cooperation.