The Council and its member agencies believe in social justice and equality, and the intrinsic rights of every individual. While society is obliged to provide individuals with the basic social and economic resources to develop their potentials, individuals in turn should carry out their responsibilities towards their families and society, to be self-reliant and to achieve self-actualization.
To build a social service sector that is highly accountable, efficient, effective and responsive to social needs, upholding the long-term sustainable development of society and the well-being of our citizens.
To promote the development of social welfare together with its member agencies, through:
- Enhancing accountability of social welfare service agencies;
- Promoting improvement of social welfare services;
- Facilitating agencies to better serve the community;
- Advocating equality, justice, social integration and a caring society;
- Setting the local welfare sector as a model of excellence in the international community.