Financial Perspective of Funds Development and
Service Performance Management for NGOs
To empower aspiring or newly appointed financial professionals with technical skill-sets and management insights
The course is available for enrolments for NGO staff at all three levels
Classification of Financial Professionals (based on role and responsibility)
- Level 1 : Basic accounting functions: data entry, simple accounting book closing: ledger, journal entries, petty cash handling, checking accounting entries and records, procurement, etc.
- Level 2 : Full set of accounting function: Accounting role up to the closing of a centre’s accounting books including the preparation of financial statements and schedules for external audit and SWD compliance, participating in the preparation of the centre’s budget result for comparison and investigation.
- Level 3 : Full financial accounting function up to the agency level: Write up books and accounts for the statutory audit and annual compliance for government departments, like SWD & EDB. To discharge the role properly, some financial management knowledge and techniques are needed to be equipped with, like break-even analysis, relevant costs for decisions and pricing decisions, etc.
All Levels 1, 2 and 3 draw reference to NGOs’ financial management environment
Practice of funds development from financial perspective
- To identify and describe different funds development and their sources
- To explain the strategies of how to obtain funds for NGO’s sustainable, long-term growth
- Case study of why financial sustainability is so important today
Assessing service performance and its measurements from financial perspective
- To introduce the Balanced Scorecard in NGOs and how they assist us in preparing a better financial performance and measurement
- To walk through KPIs, benchmarking and non-financial performance measures used by NGOs
Course Code: 19B-C02
Date: 9 June 2020 (Tuesday) [Revised]
Time: 0930 – 1800 (7 hours)
Venue: Duke of Windsor Social Service Building, 15 Hennessy Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong
Target Participants: Financial professionals responsible for accounting and financial operations of subvented and / or non-subvented services of NGOs
Class size: 30
Language: Cantonese (supplemented with English), Handouts will be in English
$1,240 (Fees for HKCSS Agency Member Staff Only),
Early Bird Fee: $1,070 (Payment received on/before 19 May 2020 for HKCSS Agency Member Staff Only)
- Preference will be given to applicants who enroll in the full certificate programme
- Those who have completed HKCSSI’s Certificate in Accounting Practice and Financial Management for Accounting Staff in NGOs (14B-C15 to C18 / 17B-C02 to C05) will take priority.
- Applications from target participants who can meet the above two selection criteria will also be processed on a first come, first served basis.
*In response to the novel coronavirus, in order to avoid delays in application, please use member portal (institute.hkcss.org.hk/login/) for registration if possible. If you would like to apply by post, please send the completed application form to HKCSS Institute by email ([email protected]) in advance. Thank you!
Related Certificate Course:
Advanced Certificate in Financial Management for Accounting and Financial Professionals in NGOs