I am pleased to announce that the Annual General Meeting 2020 will be held in the afternoon of November 6, 2020 at the Auditorium, 1/F, Duke of Windsor Social Service Building, 15 Hennessy Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong. We shall be grateful if you join us in this important event, the details of which will be provided in due course.
In connection with the AGM, the election of the Council’s governance for the term 2020-22 has now commenced. Please note that:
- The election of the Executive Committee and the Standing Committees shall take place at the Annual General Meeting (AGM) ;
- The election of the Specialized Committees shall be conducted by postal ballot in September (The election of the Specialized Committee on Rehabilitation Service will jointly be held with the election of the Management Committee of The Hong Kong Joint Council for People with Disabilities at its AGM in November 2020.)
- To further enhance the work of the Core Business on Policy Research and Advocacy, its governance will be restructured. The Specialized Committee on Social Development and Specialized Committee on Social Security and Employment Policy will be dissolved after the Annual General Meeting 2021. A few task forces would be formed afterwards. During the transition period, members elected for two years in 2019 will retain their term of office until 2021. This year, elections still take place for the aforesaid Committees, and the term of office is one year until AGM 2021. The decision had been approved by the Executive Committee.
Please find attached the Nomination Form for the Election of the Specialized Committees [Note]. Election Guide 2020 (Chinese and English version) is available on the Council’s website. To provide accurate membership information for reference for making nominations, the most updated Membership Register is also posted on the Council’s website at www.hkcss.org.hk. The nomination form for the election of the Specialized Committee on Rehabilitation Service will be sent to agency members of The Hong Kong Joint Council for People with Disabilities later.
The following documents regarding the election of Specialized Committees for 2020-2022, both in English and Chinese can be found from “News” on the front page of Council website:
- Election Guide 2020
- Terms of Reference of HKCSS Specialized Committees
- Nomination Form for the Election of HKCSS Specialized Committees
- Membership Register (as of 28 July 2020)
Please note that the nomination process of the election of the Specialized Committees shall commence immediately upon the issue of this memorandum. The closing time for nomination is 5 pm on August 14, 2020 (Friday).
Agency Members have been requested to verify the names of their Official Representatives and types of services their agencies operate. If any discrepancies are found in the published information, please notify the Council in writing for amendment as soon as possible. The Membership Register shall serve as the basis for verifying eligibility of Official Representatives and Life Members with regard to their participation in the election.
Official notice of the AGM and information of the election of the Executive Committee and Standing Committees will be sent to you later, which will also be published on the Council’s website at the same time.
Should you have any queries, please feel free to contact Ms Jasmine Lam, Officer (Membership Liaison and Service), at 2864 2954.
Only one representative from the same Agency Member shall be elected or co-opted to become a member in any Specialized Committees for any period of time. Official Representatives of Agency Members and Life members are advised to check the relevant Committee Membership Lists posted on the Council’s website -“Committees” to ensure the eligibility of the persons to be nominated.